Saturday 5 February 2011

social life success!

well, as the title suggests, we finally seem to have a full social life (just a shame we can't see all our friends in one week).
It has been a truly fantastic weekend for our social life. Starting with Friday night! which found me at a new and very good friend's house watching an old film with someone I would now like to regard as a friend. A lovely night, with a very warm and fun and funny atmosphere. I really feel accepted by my new church friends and hope that they know how appreciative I am of them and their company!. A text arrived at my phone (for my friend!) which acted as a warm and gentle reminder of how lucky I am to be married!
today was originally going to be a girly pamper day with my good friend and mother in law Dawn, this rapidly changed into a day of helping a family member with a house related problem!
still though - we all rolled up our sleeves and got stuck in, it was great to feel useful! I only wish we could do more :-(
Tonight was an annual quiz held at the local village hall - we were a little anxious as we are only just gently stepping into village life and had no idea what to expect. On top of which - we genuinely felt we might be entirely useless! but it was great! we had such a laugh and met some lovely people - I at least remember the names of everyone on our table! - which is a start!! the questions were pitched just right and there was a brilliant buzz about the room- once again I got to spend time with our lovely local vicar who made us so welcome and relaxed, I loved it!
 Tomorrow - it's off to the forge in the morning - v v excited about it! all about vision ---- ooohh yay!!
the a friend is coming over for coffee in the afternoon!! - we were gonna have lovely father in law and his lovely wife over for lunch but - we're totally exhausted and having not slept that well this week nor shopped properly we have postponed! still - so excited about seeing my friend!
for those who are interested in the results of the o f s t e d - visit - you'll have to wait :-p
the results are top secret until they are published - but I'll let you know asap!
prayed every single day and talked to ppl at church!!! yay!!
This week Alex has started decorating our bedroom - in spite of continued stress - this week has been an utter success - I am loving life tonight - so many blessings to be grateful for! ( including my wonderful husband who bought me an i-pod!!)
speak soon yeah?
kitten out xx

No comments:

Post a Comment