Thursday 27 January 2011

stress - more contagious than the flu!

yes it's true - I've caught it again!
STRESS!!!!
grrrowwwwl. This last few weeks at work have basically been a bit of a mare for most staff because it's that time   when hmi visit my work, that's right... (pause with dramatic music!) o f s t e d! (coded -incase they search routinely!!)
This has led to widespread panic and mass exodus from the vicinty - ok maybe not quite that dramatic but blimey the stress is just so apparent. It is literally weighing down on everyone, it's that whole elephant in the room thing. At the end of the day, though my main concern is that in an attempt to get a good grade those at the top appear to be mistreating some of those lower down the chain of command, at the very least they aren't feeling as supported at this crucial time as I (and they)think they need to be and I fear this kind of damage is the stuff that stays, even after the inspectors have left!
The stress is truly catching though, I'm not a teacher or a manager, I'm not directly in the line of fire and although I may well be observed I know I do my job to the best of my ability all the time and as such don't feel particularly worried for myself. And yet... I am sooo stressed out. I am literally writing this and dreading going in tomorrow! every little thing feels huge and sadly I am bringing this home. I am still desperately grasping on to staying gentle and acting out of love. I am still praying but...my anger is growing, anger for my colleagues...my friends who work soo very hard and yet this week are getting ill and collapsing in tears, anger for the students who...usually get such a positive atmosphere and yet that is falling apart - and for what???
I mean really what??
The college isn't failing?!! the success rates have only gone up! the teaching on the whole is still well praised by the students I come into contact with - I have seen brilliant practice in my time there and have literally been inspired to change my career as a result of the inspiring instructing of some of my friends! (you know who you are?) In a time when the threat of unemployment is constant, why - put all this extra work and stress on the teachers and lsws that already work so hard, and why do it in such a demotivating way? The memory of being put through this by smt, will last I fear - for a long time, how damaging??
on the plus side - I'm getting an I-POD?!! ooh get me, all 21st century ey??!! thank you hubby :-D
off to bed - to prepare via sleep!
good night all!
kitten out x

No comments:

Post a Comment