Saturday 15 January 2011

Bleugh - Flu!

So last Sunday night - just before bed, my throat started really hurting, by Monday morning I couldn't really speak and it even hurt when inhaling! So had to call in sick, as some of you may know this means I don't get paid anything! so doubly bad! Anyhoo, hoping it would fix itself I just snuggled down on the sofa and rested! By Wednesday it had turned into a cough, though still sore throat - I had to go to hospital about a cyst in my throat on Thursday anyway but he explained he couldn't feel one there anyway! so I've been referred for a scan, just to be sure - but he didn't think my sore throat was related. I was feeling a bit brighter though so back home and more rest, was willing to go to work on Friday morning - only to throw up at the end of a particularly bad coughing fit! Had a phone appointment with Doc and he said - oh, it's flu, can't give you anything unless you've had it for 2 weeks, so just rest - keep an eye on temperature etc. So here I am! stuck in! The Ducati is finally up and working, ready for adventures and I'm the one who is stuck indoors and broken and still not making any money - a whole weeks wages down the pan!! grrrrr - I am not good at being ill, in case you hadn't guessed??
ok so...brighter side - we had a meal with our friend matt a week ago on Friday, it was really lovely, he's just so accepting and warm and friendly, and he has a kitten called..wait for it..Maddy! (really) very beautiful little cat and lovely food!
Church is still rocking att he moment, can't get enough - it's all about family life at the mo - didn't think it would be very relevant given our childless situation but it did make the whole, family thing seem somehow less terrifying to me! It was a reminder that I wouldn't e alone in it all because I would have Alex, who can be a great leader and God would be with us all! Makes it all a lot less scary! Then again - watched one born every minute on Monday and it isn't half scary!!
Sometimes, I take for granted, everything that I have already - because we are constantly striving for the next step, so today I stood on the back step for a while and just stared across the fields and smiled at the beauty there is in the world, the flu cloud must be lifting!!
kitten out xx

No comments:

Post a Comment