Monday 21 February 2011

You're beautiful, yes you are!!

so was this weekend!
well firstly the weekend starts on a Friday so -  Friday at work, was a genuinely calm happy day. Even last lesson which is normally a headache, brought a smile to my face! hmm possibly something to do with breaking up for half term?!
Friday night we had Alex's dad and his wife over for tea (dinner - if you're down south). I cooked a beef in ale casserole with dumplings!! yum!! - it was a really chilled out relaxed evening and I so do enjoy sharing my food, house and company with others, empty plates too so the food went down well.
Saturday - a lie in!! and a lot of rain and drizzle, it was very cold outside! but - I got up, chilled out for a while and then made my man breakfast in bed, egg, bacon and bread with a cuppa. I then, despite protest gradually shoved him out of bed and cajoled him into agreeing to do some gardening with me!! yes - in the cold and the rain!! - yes it was muddy but it felt so good to start preparing the garden for the exciting years ahead. We cleared up and tidied around a bit and we hoed around the bulbs that are starting to come up on the banking, we then set up a patch ready for some veggies to go in - eeekkkk! It was so positive - despite the mud.
We then came in and had a rest in front of the telly - then I got bored! lol - so we put on a French CD - to learn from. They are some that came free with a newspaper, we have borrowed them from family!
The first CD was a good reminder of G.C.S.E French, we have been chattering away to each other in French at every given chance - ever since! C'est Tres Bien!
Finally Qourn Tortilla wraps for dinner/tea - yum yum! and off to bed.
Sunday morning, slept in too long for the early service so it was off to the second service and to meet up with Sheila. We managed to catch up with her before the service and start the discussion regarding serving and small groups (watch this space) interestingly this theme continued into the service!
What a service it was too - we started out hearing about the creation story and we heard this amazing song. I don't think I have ever heard it before, I was moved to tears - but soon stopped as I was afraid of losing my contact lenses ha ha.
Later on we sang the song too it's called you're beautiful! - this isn't us btw!




Whenever I have really had doubt in my faith, if one thing has reassured me repeatedly of God's existence and his love for us - it has been my surroundings. The fact that I find a view, a tree, even nature itself beautiful and breathtaking tells me about God. Why would I find these so fascinating if I hadn't been created in such a way that they mean something to me other than just a resource for me to use? I don't see any evidence of any other animals, highly evolved or otherwise just enjoying a view! That's what this part of the service spoke to me about!
The rest of the service was about growing our faith and what that might look like - once again very exciting!!

After church, back home - a bit more gardening - no rain today but extreme mud! ha ha! then I suggested a date and a visit to Alex's 90 year old grandma. We visited grandma Kay on the way to the cinema. She is so lovely, a little forgetful but still seems full of spirit and what more can anyone ask of a 90 year old! Then we went to see Paul - yes I recommend seeing this - it's gentle(ish), but funny - I only wish I hadn't seen so much of the film in clips and trailers before hand!A brill film!
Then finally off to Giraffe for a meal. A full date, what can I say? I am just the luckiest lady in the world - I'm sure. I had a jungle chicken curry with butternut squash and Alex had a lamb falafel burger, both of which were very very yummy!! drool! - also briefly discussed tattoos with lovely waitress!
On the way home we dropped into Alex's younger brother to pick up something and he surprised us by having some of his beautiful photos ready printed!! we were due to order them off him but hadn't done so yet - so yaaaayyyy
So here I am - it's half term and there's plenty of fun to look forward to!!
I am very tired but very happy and excited, tomorrow I've got Alex's young cousin over for the day- could be fun!  Dentist on Thursday - bleugh - help!!! Off up North on Friday night, for tapas fun!! yaaayyyy
lets speak soon - you beautiful people!
kitten out x

No comments:

Post a Comment