Sunday 7 November 2010

bang, pop, whizz, squeal!

yes - fireworks, or as we tend to call them in this house wireforks!! Bury St Edmunds Abbey Gardens was the location for a lovely wirefork evening! - shared with hubby, mum in law, Henry and Cari! the fireworks themselves were so beautiful, and part of that beauty was the fact that they exist for such a very short amount of time. Like life itself, they're beautiful, bright, shiny, loud and short - lived! After the fireworks, we returned to Dawny's house and drank mulled wine with mince pies! yum yum yum - how trismassy, or Christmassy even!
All this was after a lovely day Christmas shopping in Bury St Eds - where we sorted a lot of gifts out for this year, more than we had even thought we might!! it is ace buying pressies for other ppl isn't it? - just hoping that you put a smile on their face, because Christmas carries such a warm lovely feeling and at least half of that comes from the spreading of peace and joy.
We went to church this morning, the early service again - lovely to get up and get to church - lovely worship - and a service all about being gentle and rejoicing all day every day. Hmmmm - so I wonder, am I gentle enough? I try to be a gentle Christian. I try to be non - judgemental (fail a majority of the time), calm, forgiving and real - keeping it real blud! But I don't know that I am gentle. I will try to be gentle and let you know how it goes? or if you know me or see me around, maybe you can let me know if I'm a gentle person generally?
This aft, I made 2 portions of steak in ale casserole and 2 portions of sausage casserole! we had some of the steak casserole with dumplings for dinner! then, another incredible Christmassy moment here for you, we had chestnuts roasted on our..(not) open fire! yum yum yum.
then tonight, back to the forge church for encounter - and the churches 18th birthday party! yay! I actually got up on stage and talked in to a mic to everybody there! - quite scary but much helped by the presence of the few ppl I do sort of know there - oh yeah and hubby, who I really do know!!
had an ace time and cake!
really looking forward to my birthday party - Victorian tea party - hoping people will, not only show up but also dress up and have a great time x
hope all is good in your world,
Kitten x
This afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment