Wednesday 20 October 2010

It just doesn't ever stop though - does it?

Life that is... I mean some times you feel like if you just had time to get over one thing, you could have coped with the next thing easier. For example Grandma Pat and Grandad Jack, Grandma had just got out of hospital when Grandad broke his hip, Grandad was starting to get better when Grandma got the flu and so on. I heard today that my plans for paid work experience for this year - won't work out as planned - the offer of pay having since been removed. Not a big deal really, I shouldn't perhaps be upset about losing something that I never had and in all fairness at least I still have a job right? - and the opportunity to do my PGCE, with more relevant practice, next year which is a lot more than (I suspect) a majority of the people in the world. I feel somehow like this wouldn't have made me feel so sad though if I hadn't already had so many of my hours cut back and henceforth lost so much money compared to last year. Once again I want to add that I know that there are very many people out there a lot worse off than me though and I am so grateful for everything that I have. But somehow it just feels a bit like some days, just as you're getting over some of the stuff from the not too distant past and you think you've worked out a solution to some of your problems another obstacle appears. Interesting though, as today's wordlive seemed particularly relevant :-


"Are you facing an impossible situation at the moment? Maybe you can’t see the way out or the solution right now but that doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

Ask the Lord to help you lift your eyes off the problem and onto him"

The scripture for today was the feeding of the 5000, the reading suggests that whilst the disciples are constantly looking for solutions to the problems, 5000 hungry people including themselves and no food - Jesus who's eyes are firmly fixed on the Lord is therefore better equipped to deal calmly with the situation and can see the answers. 
Now I'm not saying I will ever be as Calm or Godly or miraculous as Jesus, but I can try and stay calm - right? I can keep turning back to him! 
The parents and the chihuahuas have returned to the North. I would be saying here how much I miss them already, but knowing that we're off to see them on Friday - makes it difficult to feel sad and means it feels a bit like just a chance to be alone for a very little while.
We managed to see G'ma and G'dad tonight, Grandad is still poorly but seemingly better than he was in hospital - which is brill! we took him some presents and offered help where possible! - I do love to help when I can! really makes me smile 
:-D
sleepy now,
so kitten out x

No comments:

Post a Comment