Sunday 19 June 2011

So at the moment my life feels extremely privileged! I have excellent food - excellent drink and I'm busy, but in the best ways possible. My work life is relatively stable and Church life is fabulous, Even my relationship feels solid. It's in this comfort that I find it difficult to keep this blog updated.
 I guess, whilst it's true to say that I am busy, I think that lethargy sets in when I'm comfortable! That's why it's so pertinent that this week at small group/cell or whatever you like to call it - we started looking, at 1 Peter. We talked about suffering and it's significance in shaping a person and how it brings us as Christians closer in our walk with God. At church we have been looking at Mountain moments, but as we have said, before those elusive times there has to be a valley and a climb! So, as a group we discussed how good suffering and persecution actually are for our relationship with our heavenly father.
As such I guess I should be praying for suffering...but I don't know, maybe I'm just a little too lethargic. A little too comfortable. Another part of me feels, it's a bit like he's saying just do the walk - stop running ahead! the suffering actually will come soon enough - I feel a bit like God just can't win with me! When it's comfortable - when everything is fabulous - I wonder why? and wonder if I should be asking for suffering? in order that I have to pull closer and lean more on my heavenly father. However If I was in a dark awful place, I know that I'd be begging him to bring me back to this! Right back here. So I have decided to be content with and grateful for what I have right now. I do still walk alongside my LORD right now and I am doing what he asks of me. Still trying to be gentle, humble and accepting yet ready for adventure and suffering. I am trying to show the kind of generosity and kindness of spirit that would please my heavenly father. I can only do all this - in his will! I can only do this through him! In the words of a great film - "How do you change the world? one Act of Random Kindness at a time". So I guess that's where I'm at - I am joyful, I rejoice in every day that I am given. I love my life right now, I'm excited about the future. Knowing that he is beside me in everything - changes everything!
Can't wait for small group - next week!
kitten out x

No comments:

Post a Comment