Thursday 28 April 2011

so many people and places to see, so little time!

well since last I wrote the adventures have continued!!
we had lovely people join us for some dinner last Thursday. I really feel like sharing, food drink and your own home is a great way to get to know new friends. Some more lovely people joined us for dinner on Good Friday. Such a lovely couple too, it was extra exciting because it was good Friday and we shared communion.
Saturday saw a trip to Felixstowe, on the motorbike! this way we had a lovely ride and parked for free!, we sunbathed and paddled - and all this - on a boiling hot - April day! weird huh? we also went to the little ice cream company. I have been threatening to take Alex there for so long, so it was really lovely when Felixstowe was his suggestion for such a bright sunshiney day. Saturday evening we went to Dawny's for a barbecue, with family! Gotta love a family barbecue haven't you? nothing like the smell of burnt offerings to bring everyone a little closer. I spent some time talking about motorbikes with Grandad Jack, really lovely just to spend some time listening to his early experience of motorbikes. He owned his first at the age of 13! uber cool!
Then Easter Sunday at The Forge - not surprisingly, it was entirely amazing and beautiful. Including a lovely version of "count me in" by Leeland I'm told and a wonderful video by Rob Bell:


 
we also finally managed to drop in our contribution to the foodbank. Then back home and we pottered around getting ready for the arrival of our friends from Yorkshire. They stayed from Monday evening till about an hour or so ago.
We had a barbecue on Monday night, with Henry and Cari as well - yum yum, it was a beautiful evening!  so friendly and relaxed, I'm always so grateful that I have such good people around me, people that I truly can be myself around.
Tuesday, we went for a lovely ride on our motorbikes, we took the scenic route to Aldeburgh (another place I've been nagging Alex to go with me for aaaaages). We had fish and chips on the sea front, although poor Sarah dropped a lot of her fish, so the seagulls got some too. Then we went around the town a little. It was sad to see so many of the lovely little shops I used to enjoy browsing, are no more! They are ex shops. sad, but it was a really lovely ride. We got home and - tiredly watched back to back episodes of Spaced. comic genius!
Yesterday I had to go back to work :-( but it was only for a day yay! not back in till Next week now. Thank you William and Kate. Last night we went to our local pub for an evening of good food, good drink and bad pool! lol and finally back home for some dancing with just dance on the wii!
Also at some point in the last couple of weeks I managed to get some gardening in, so we now have onions in our patch! WoOp wOoP!
time for chilling out now though! Phew!
kitten out x

1 comment:

  1. reading it all like that would explain why I am so flipping knackered...

    ReplyDelete