Monday 25 October 2010

so it's 1.03 am and I'm up and writing!

why? I hear you cry well, I put this down to a number of reasons!
1) I did nothing all day - and so I am not worn out enough
2) the above makes me feel guilty and so I feel the need to get up and do stuff
3) Had big conversations with hubby tonight, regarding the future and some really important decisions. These focussed around the fact that for some time now I and in fact I believe both of us, have been really wanting to start a family. This has led to decisions being made including, career decisions, house decisions and even car decisions focussing around the goal of a family. However I have to say that more recently I have also desperately been craving adventure. Now that's not to say that a family wouldn't bring adventure! but - it just has felt that Alex and I have often chosen to live quite a sensible serious life, goal driven always to the next thing. But I have missed seeing and going places as a result. so the discussion so far has suggested that perhaps the family can wait just a little bit longer? and next year - could perhaps be like a gap year?? only with work! lol
well anyway - lots to think and pray about - and not enough sleep.
just heard a bird flying over head - squawking and squealing like a mad thing, no idea what that was about - probably telling me to shut up and go back to bed! ah well!
finally to leave you with a quote that I think relevant to my current worries regarding ease, comfort and a lack of imagination and energy for my age! - perhaps I am simply, already past my youth! but if that is the case, then I am going to give it one helluva good wake!

"The youth gets together his materials to build a bridge to the moon, or, perchance, a palace or temple on the earth, and, at length, the middle-aged man concludes to build a woodshed with them" Henry David Thoreau 


kitten out x

No comments:

Post a Comment