Sunday 3 April 2011

mother's day roasts and revolution!!

well it was mother's day today and church this morning,
our church is made up of many people, we meet on a Sunday. But our church is made up of people who want to change the world for the better . Our church is turning itself inside out! - vive la revolucion!
This aft we  made a roast dinner for my mum in law (and good friend) Dawny and Alex's Grandma Pat, bro in law and Grandad in law rounded us up to an even and lovely 6. We made lemon roast chicken, rosemary roast lamb, roast potatoes, peas and carrots, honey roast carrots and parsnips, gravy and Yorkshire puddings. We also did some sponge pudding and rhubarb crumble but alas as they were shop bought I feel them less worthy to mention. Frankly - I'm stuffed! - but still it was just really good - I felt like Alex and I were such a good team and with help from Henry at the end, Dinner was properly yum - even though I do say so myself! Lovely feeling isn't it - when you pull off something like that, that you can share with people? yay!
yesterday - we put potatoes in the veg patch, went out on the bike and visited Nick and Helen, father in law and his wife. Later on we visited some new friends, and got really comfortable on their sofas! a bit too comfortable possibly! stayed for hours - oops! still that was lovely to catch up with them and just spend a bit of time chatting and chilling! I can't believe this weekend is over already though. where did it go?
Next weekend we're going camping in Lincolnshire, on the motorbike - part of adventure year which is very very exciting!! The weekend after that my parents are coming down to visit and the weekend after that we're off to France on the bike, all being well. So I hardly feel like there's time to catch my breath at the moment, at least it is all just excellent stuff though.
hoping and praying that you have had a lovely exciting weekend too?
kitten out xx

No comments:

Post a Comment