Thursday 20 January 2011

my guilty secret...

well it's been going on for over a year now, I've been... watching shameless. I don't admit this to everyone, it's not a very friendly program - it's explicit and violent and raw. But in all that grit, in all that filth there are the occasional glimpses of humanity! the characters are truly 3 dimensional. They are believable. I might not much like their reality, the beliefs that they live their life by, but the characters are real - the acting is brilliant and the writing keeps you on the edge the whole episode! so there we are, it's out my guilty secret - I am ashamed to admit that I love watching shameless!
In other news, I am back at work now - mostly better, the cough persists occasionally although the sore throat is less common, just can't have much dairy at the moment! The headache returns sometimes too but paracetamol sees to that, Alex was off work for two days though went back today! he isn't 100% yet but well enough, which is a start I suppose. I have a referral for hosp appt on the 27th of this month so throat could all be sorted by end of the month!
 The other day I attempted to make bread - normally I have to say - not too bad at that, genuinely - I can say with my head held high that I can do bread, I'm not good at everything, but bread - yep I got that one down! But not this time, in my defence the yeast was much older than it should have been and in an open packet. So yesterday Alex, using fresh yeast and a new recipe - tried again - but his was only vaguely better! is this a loaf shaped curse on our house? or are we simply out of practise? only time will tell - in the meantime the birds have a full supply of chewy hard bread to noch through!
hope you are all well and happy!
kitten out x
praying every day still going ok - not 100% of the time but almost!!

No comments:

Post a Comment